Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering September 11

"But everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"
- Keane


Exactly 8 years ago,with only 20 months and 11 days after the world celebrated the new millenium, the history of humankind was changed drastically, a history marker was placed on the date of the calendar, September 11,2001. The world's center of power, the city that never sleeps, New York City, was surprised by terrorist attack. It was the day that the whole world realized and saw what the meaning of the word "TERROR'' .

Today, September 11, 2009..... people are still thinking if there is still a place on this world called "safe"


I could still remember that night, it was 9 pm here in manila, philippines. Me, and my siblings were watching TV. I always switched the TV channels that time, looking for a good TV program. One channel, caught my attention; it was CNBC Asia showing video of two long chimneys emitting gray smoke, i never thought that the two chimneys on the video were the world trade center already. I thought that it was weird , for CNBC Asia to show non sense video for almost fifteen minutes. After minutes of channel scanning, I was able to find a good TV show. About 15 minutes later, my mom received a phone call from my grandmother, telling us that WTC was being attacked by terrorist. I felt a cold sensation that very moment. We hurriedly switched the channel to CNBC Asia and saw the confirmation of my grandmother's report. We were shocked at what we saw on TV; The WORLD TRADE CENTER, an ICON of the world's most powerful nation, the most famous landmark of Big Apple, the two towers, were flaming, smoke plumes billowed the whole city. It was like watching the most horrifying reality show ever produced. No Hollywood producers, writers and directors were able to produced that kind of terroristic scene. The Perfect execution of terrorism. Until the ultimate climax happened, the twin towers collapsed! Totally horrifying and unexpected. I repeatedly uttered only three words, OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD! The world trade center is gone, together with hundreds of innocent souls. Hundreds of dreams were shuttered, billion of people were left afraid.

I wish that the scenes of terror from September 11, 2001 will never happen again in our history. I pray to GOD that He will keep us away from harm. I hope that every world leaders will be vigilant in fighting terrorism, destroy the roots of it so that the word TERROR will wither and fade in the dictionary.

Remembering 9-11.

1 comment:

rmacapobre said...

let us not forget that 9 11 was first and foremost a religious intiative.