Thursday, December 4, 2008

Two zero zero eight

We still have 26 days left before we welcome the next year but I have decided to post my review for 2008; I really have to, the next coming weeks will gonna be hectic and exhausting; besides, i have to finish my set of goals and my gameplans for 2009. 2009. Gosh. Sounds like the end of the world for many financial analysts huh? We have to prepare! We must! Trust me, list your goals and plans so that you'll be focused. And have a good relationship with God.....everything's going to be all right!

2008. Year of new beginning according to a prophetess; a year of circumscision of the heart... yeah, she was right. 2008.Year of the rat according to the Chinese feng shui experts...8-8-8... Beijing Olympics, Milk Scandal, Sichuan earthquake, Inflations, recessions...oh well, the year isn't lucky for them...............but me,Im not! In contrast, I am blessed, blessed beyond my expectations. There's a big different between a blessed and lucky.

My 2008.
The LORD is good! He made 2008 a better year for me, and Im sure He has lots of good plans for me in the next comings years.He allowed me to go to many situations to learn new things. He has sent me to deserts yet He became my compass that guided me to my journey called life. God provides.

Hellos, goodbyes and see you in eternity....
The year was a year of hellos and goodbyes. Met new friends.Lost old friends and just new. Others...remain....seasonal....and even left this planet. Well, that is part of life....the only constant on this earth is CHANGE.

Blogging,social networking and book reading.....

Thanks to the technology. 2008 is a year where I started blogging seriously, it is the year that I realized that there's a world outside Friendster. Facebook. Multiply. Facebook. Facebook... Facebook is really addicting....mobwars, tower bloxx, speed racing, my city, yo ville. Thanks FACEBOOK. Haha.
The things that  I have observed about the beijing olympics opening ceremony were even used in a news (web) article in australia (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24159960-5016818,00.html). Not bad for an amateur blogger. 

Event of 2008
Best
The best event of 2008 goes to no other than the Hillsong United Worship Concert in Manila. The experience....it was a blast! The period where I ( the street team) was selling tickets was whewww,really hard and strenght, time, patience consuming. I remember there was a period where I received inquiry text messages every other seconds about the concert...every other seconds. Overwhelmed by the inquiries, I decided to turned my cell phone that day.Extraordinary. 
The reward.... priceless! Two days and two nights at Shang-rila Edsa Plaza with the street team. The I heart shirt. Buffet breakfast at THE HEAT SHANGRILA. Buffet lunch THE HEAT SHANGRILA again, but now with the Hillsong United Team. Photo op with the Hillsong United Team and the General Manager of Shang-rila Edsa Plaza. Countless picture takings with HSU at araneta coliseum. The Back stage pass. Highly favoured by the LORD.  


Worst....

Never mind. No time to recall the bad memories of 2008. Good things are still coming on my way. No reason to store bad memories. 


Lessons from 2008

Give. Give.  Give, so that you'll be blessed more. Dedicate the first fruits of whatever you have to God. Stop complaining. Act before react. Dont make life miserable. Worship in time of troubles. Think of God...always. 


Hopes for 2009
Im hoping the 2009 will be better than past years. I hope that i will be able to achieve all my goals, plans and dreams for the year 2009. I hope that there is another HSU concert for 2009.i pray that our nation will not get affected by the global recession. I wish I could meet Brooke Fraser in person.I am hoping that all good things will come to pass, in Jesus name.  I am offering the year  2009 to God. Maktub!


Famous & Infamous ( the news makers of 2008)

NBN ZTE Deal,Crying Lozada, Brian Gorells 15 minutes of fame blog, gucci gang, American, Idol, David Cook, Beijing Olympics, the death of heath ledger, batman, iron man, ever reinventing denim pants, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo( gee, she's making a world record the president with the most number of impeachment complaints) , Michael Phelps, Twilight, Rihanna, Mike Guglielmucci, the checkered scarf and wakeboard shorts for men, Bubble gang's angelina and yaya, Low dance craze, statement shirts, i phone, melamine, Rudy fernandez' death, Gabby Concepcion's homecoming ( who cares? ), recession, inflation, rice shortage, jeepney fare increase, oil record high price increase. Richard and KC together in a movie ( yeah right). Dyesebel, Marian rivera and her dance craze ( whhhhhaaaaaatttt???), Ateneo's UAAP's victory over De la Salle, Manny Pacquiao, Megan Fox as worlds sexiest woman.The break up of Ding-dong Dantes and Karylle (wahaha), Joc joc Bolante, the euro generals, Barack obama, John Mc Cain, Sarh Falin, Charice Pempengco, Patani, etc.     


.   



 

No comments: